Tennessee Repertory Theatre’s Classroom InDepth is an opportunity for a high school or college classroom to directly interact with professional theatre. The Classroom InDepth package includes:
- Discounted tickets for students and teachers (Tues, Wed, or Thurs @ 6:30pm or Saturday at 2:30pm.
- Educator resource materials.
- An activity in your classroom, choose either a Pre-show Workshop with a Tennessee Rep professional teaching artist OR a Post-show Discussion with a member of the production’s artistic team.
- Available for any of our 2012-2013 season productions.
Cost: $12.00 per student
Minimum participation: In order to qualify for the Classroom InDepth package, a school must have a minimum of 15 participating students. A complimentary educator ticket will be provided for every 15 students.
Pre-show Workshop Information: A Tennessee Rep professional teaching artist will conduct a workshop in your classroom that prepares your students for any of our 2012–2013 season productions:
The Pre-show Workshop can be catered to the needs of your class and may include topics such as:
- Analyzing the historical and social relevance of the play.
- Interactively exploring the themes of the play.
- Examining the dramatization of a novel or film and how we get from page to stage.
- Examining how the technical elements of the production enhance the story.
- Exploring how a professional theatre operates and what a professional production involves.
Post-show Discussion Information: A member of the Tennessee Rep’s artistic team (director, designer, dramaturg) will visit your school after your class has seen the production. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss themes, and engage with a professional theatre artist.
To schedule Classroom InDepth at your school: Educators may contact Tennessee Rep’s Artistic Associate for Education Amanda Card-McCoy, for complete registration information and to schedule workshop dates that best serve their class. You may reach Amanda Card-McCoy at (615) 945-0369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seating location for performances will be best available at the time of payment. Please note that depending on the size of group, all seats may not be together.